It’s that time of year again, where 2019 predictions articles flood the headlines as we look towards the top trends to expect in the coming year. 2018 was an exciting year for the cloud, with the increasing adoption of hybrid and multi-cloud environments, but here at Markley, we think 2019 is where the fun will really begin.
And it seems we’re not the only ones. TechTarget contributors shared a new wave of predictions we can expect to hit the enterprise in 2019. Predictions range from Kubernetes growth to a widening IT skills gap, including:
- Accelerating adoption of container technologies driven by hybrid cloud
- Greater orchestration providing infrastructure abstraction and workflow control, which will help converge containers, VMs, and microservices into a more seamless hosting framework
- More blockchain-related service offerings from more public cloud vendors
- A growing number of DevOps and automation job opportunities that won’t be easy to fill
- A continued push by cloud providers into the enterprise to improve manageability, integrate with on-premise legacy systems and networks, and address compliance with various regulatory frameworks from around the world.
- Doubling down by cloud providers on new “as a service” features to manage data governance in the wake of GDPR.
At Markley, we’ve already witnessed emanation of these predictions first-hand. As we kick-off 2019, we’re happy to help you evaluate how emerging trends in the market impact your enterprise and how to best take advantage of the latest cloud technologies. Shoot us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our cloud services.